Summer Qi Breaks
Fire Element - Heart
Heart/Pericardium, Small Intestine, Blood, Arteries, Tongue
...charisma, passion and incitement of a spice for life in others...the heat, joy and lust of summer!
Like a flame dancing in the wind, fire is enchanting; it is hard to look away from its mesmerizing dance. The archetype of fire is characterized by its charisma, its passion and ability to incite a spice for life in others - this element is characterized by excitement.
It is the heat, joy and lust of summer. Empathetic, intuitive, and playful, fire is the charmer who brings everyone together. It has the ability to unite all elements in one fell swoop, melding everything together.
The power of fire comes from its intensity of emotion, everyone wants to be warmed by its heat. The season of summer is marked by bright light and endless kisses from the sun.
Summer is the season when the energy of the heart is active. The heart is vital in driving the blood throughout the body, regulating the quantity and pressure of blood and Qi and governs the evenness of our emotions and consistency of behaviour.
Heart governs the circulatory system and regulates body heat.
IMBALANCES OF HEART ENERGY
When the heart energy is imbalanced the body becomes over-excited and anxious, which can lead to problems such as:
- PHYSICAL - Heart and circulatory disorders, disturbances of heart rate and rhythm, Insomnia, palpitations, sweating, hypoglycemia, rashes, palsy, abuse of mind-altering substances, nervous exhaustion, chest pain, overheats easily, eczema, easy sexual excitement but difficult to please, fainting, anemia, premature orgasm.
- EMOTIONAL - Anxiety, Agitated, Frenzied
- BEHAVIORAL / SPIRITUAL - Bizarre perceptions and sensations, excitable, grandiose, hypersensitive, sentimental, merging, startled, credulous, giddy, confused, lost, infatuated, selfish, panicky, weak boundaries, fantastical thinking.
BALANCED VIRTUES INCLUDE:
Balanced fire energy is warm-hearted, but not exuberant, excited but not over-zealous. It seeks love and affection, to connect with everyone around, enchanting everyone in its path with a charming and empathetic nature. It’s adventurous and child-like. Focusing on not getting carried away in drama and fantasy is of utmost importance, drawing on the virtues of water to withdraw, metal to contain its fervor and earth to ground it will balance fire energy. A fire run awry will wreak havoc on the whole forest, but it is magical when contained.
SUMMER TO DO:
- Practice Qi Gong for the Heart.
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids
- Wake up earlier in the morning
- Go to bed later in the evening
- Rest at midday
- Add pungent flavors to your diet
- Refrain from anger; keep calm and even-tempered. (anger causes and exacerbates heat!)
Qi Breaks™ - Daily Short Routine - Instructions
- Practice weekly Qi Break sequences daily - These are designed to loosen tightness in and around the heart and mid-section., focused on cultivating a sense of peace, joy, affection, love and connection to everyone and everything around you. Emotional balance is key, especially during the fire of Summer, so spend time balancing Yin and Yang, or Fire and Water/Metal to ground and balance your Fire Energy.
- Be active - Physical activity, hike, dance, work out in nature specifically near or in water and in sunny places to achieve balance of the Heart.
- Eat - add cucumber or mint to your water, eat more fruit and veggies, take advantage of farmers markets and eat what's in season. Examples: lettuce, watermelon, spinach, corn, broccoli, asparagus, watercress. Avoid hot, greasy or spicy food. Add more seafood and fish to your diet.
- Be positive - Break through obstacles of the past and confinements of old thoughts and beliefs. Create a vision for your new self that you’d like to grow into, see the bigger picture and take actions towards it.
Theme: Emotional Balance
Special Notice: Below is a sample of the Qi Breaks we practice in the Autumn - the best and most powerful Qi Gong movements that support increased energy and stress release. Qi Breaks are available seasonally.
Videos below may be purchased individually outside of the current season and are available as a part of your Qi Breaks subscription in-season.
The current season and full set of associated practices may be found on the main Qi Breaks Student Access Page.
This practice opens the summer season and our focus on the Heart system and Fire element. In this beautiful meditation, we focus on opening the heart center in support of emomtional balance. This practice is designed to connect with your inner joy and peace, and an excellent practice to use to start off your day!
This very popular Qi Gong and Tai Chi movement is an extremely effective heart balancing practice. It's easy to get into emotional balance through meditative repetition. We cover a more in-depth practice to uncover the details of this beautiful movement sequence!
One of the most powerful grounding exercises is to connect the Heart's energy with Earth energy. Given the tempremental nature of Fire Element in the Summer, the Earth acts as a well to tap into, to lower Fire in the body, sooth the emotions and feel more connected.
Your heart will soar with this practice! Filmed in Arches National Park, the red rock, stunning vistas and palatial energy serve as a perfect medium for opening the Heart. In this practice we focus on our highest intention once again, connecting both with Heart and Earth Energy. Asking the question to the Universe, "What would it take to...," as you focus on your intention will set a positive outlook and result in abundance coming back to you, many times over!
This practice set connects the Kidney Energy system to the Heart Energy system and sparks amazing energy and creativity in the body! The practices are more energetic and fitting for summer when we have energy abound.
This is a beautiful practice for opening the heart while connecting your intentions with universal energy. A fitting practice for mid-summer in coming back to your highest intention set in Spring, re-focusing and re-centering!
In this practice we return to our inner child and play with movement! This practice is designed to joyfully move through heart energy, and restore your inner sense of playfulness.
Lovingkindness is one of the most powerful practices that you can do to build compassion. Compassion leads to peace and healing in your life and is an essential part of relating to not just others, but deeply to yourself. Build your compassion for yourself and others through this beautiful practice.
This practice set shot on location in the firey Arches National Park is specifically designed to balance the body's fire. Fire is generated in the heart and balanced by the kidneys. It's important to balance this yin and yang in the body to avoid issues associated with overheating like fatigue, emotional agitation and digestive problems.
Coming Aug 28
Qi Breaks™ - Full Practice Routines
For each Full Practice Routine below we recommend that you practice 2-3 times a week or on the weekend. If time is limited, practice the shorter 20-minute version. Use any combination of the 20-minute and 60-minute routines to help you meet your goal of 2-3 full Qi Gong routine practices every week!
The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through this web site is for general information purposes only. QiWithEli.com makes no representation and assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through this web site, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.
QiWitheli.com does not recommend, endorse or make any representation about the efficacy, appropriateness or suitability of any specific tests, products, procedures, treatments, services, opinions, health care providers or other information that may be contained on or available through this web site. QIWITHELI.COM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY ADVICE, COURSE OF TREATMENT, DIAGNOSIS OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS THAT YOU OBTAIN THROUGH THIS WEB SITE.